Now that my beautiful family of Lipsticks has grown, it's high time I get an updated lip pencil suggestions post up. I know a few of you have been asking for this, so thanks for your patience!
My Velvets and Insanely Saturated Lip Colours are highly pigmented with a matte finish, which means you don’t have to use a lip pencil, but if you wish to create crisper definition around the lip line or tweak your shape, you can either apply a pencil in a shade as close as possible to the lipstick’s colour for subtle defining or use something deeper for stronger definition. Here are a few options for each shade, and please do let me know on Instagram if you have found any other great pencil matches that I can add to the list.
Make Up For Ever - Artist Colour Pencil - Multi Pink 812
- A touch bluer in tone but a very close match for subtle definition.
NYX - Matte Lip Liner - SMLL59 Sweet Tooth
- A touch darker so great for adding deeper definition.
Lisa Eldridge - Enhance and Define - Blush
- A close match in intensity and a touch brighter in colour
Barry M - Lip Liner - Mulberry 9
- A close match (very slightly deeper) great for subtle defining and cheating the edges.
MAC - Lip Pencil - A Soar
- A touch warmer in tone and lighter in depth, will give a soft, subtle edge.
I struggled to find matches for this unusual shade.
Barry M - Lip Liner - Tan 1
- A deeper, soft browner tone that still works well for adding shape and definition.
Becca - Ultimate Lip Definer - Charming
- A true brick, will work well on deeper skin tones and or if you like a strong lip line.
MAC - Lip Pencil - Spice
- A very close match just a touch warmer, will subtlety enhance and define.
MAC - Lip Pencil - Hover
- Slightly deeper with a more browny undertone, will give a darker lip line.
Victoria Beckham - Lip Definer 04
- A cool soft dark brown, great for deeper skin tones.
L’Oreal - Lip Liner Couture - Beige a Nu 630
- Very close match, so good for subtle defining. This lip pencil brings out Fawn’s warmer tones slightly.
Make Up For Ever - Artist Color Pencil - Anywhere Caffeine 600
- This pencil is good for creating stronger definition and is a touch warmer and browner than Fawn.
Charlotte Tilbury - Lip Cheat - Iconic Nude
- A beige nude/brown pencil that is a touch bluer.
Lisa Eldridge - Enhance and Define - MUSE
- A very close match on dry down, touch more neutral. Very subtle for defining
Victoria Beckham Beauty - Lip Definer - 03
- A close match to Muse that will add soft definition. Has slightly cooler brown tones so will bring these out in Muse.
Make Up For Ever - Artist Color Pencil - Up and Down Tan 604
- A good match, this deep rosewood lip pencil is great for adding subtle depth to Muse.
Kevyn Aucoin - The Flesh Tone Lip Pencil - Minimal
- A cool, ‘dusty' pink, ideal for very softly defining Muse.
Lisa Eldridge - Enhance and Define - Beauty
- Same tone, just a touch deeper in intensity for definition
Lancôme - Le Lip Liner - Fraichelle
- A rich pink tone. This lip liner will bring out the blue undertones in Beauty.
Becca - Ultimate Lip Definer - Blissful
- A great match for Beauty, will add a slightly warmer tone and keep the definition subtle.
Make Up For Ever - Artist Color Pencil - Boundless Berry 808
- This lip liner Is a strong berry pink colour with blue undertones. Great for adding strength and definition to Beauty.
MAC - Lip Pencil - Soar
- A neutral rose tone. This warmer toned lip pencil will keep the overall appearance soft.
Make Up For Ever - Artist Color Pencil - Chestnut 610
- A great match to Decade. Slightly cooler brown, this lip pencil will be good for adding subtle definition.
MAC - Lip Liner - Plum
- This lip pencil has red/plum undertones so good for bringing those forward in Decade, while keeping the definition soft.
Victoria Beckham Beauty - Lip Definer - 06
- A rich, warm chocolate brown lip pencil. Ideal for really deepening the edge of the lips.
Lisa Eldridge - Enhance and Define
Deeper in intensity and a touch bluer in colour for stronger definition
L’Oreal - Lip Liner Couture - Velvet Robe 300
- This mulberry red lip liner is a close match. Good for keeping the definition subtle.
MAC - Lip Pencil - Vino
- A deep cool, red berry lip pencil. Ideal for bringing out the blue undertones in Myth and strengthening and defining the lip line.
Bourjois - Lip Liner - Plum it Up 09
- A berry lip pencil with blue undertones. Good for bringing out the richness in Myth.
Clinique - Quick Liner For Lips - Intense Liquorice 12
- This lip pencil is a close match to Midnight with blue undertones. So good for adding subtle definition to the lip line.
Charlotte Tilbury - Lip Cheat - Bad Romance
- This deep plum lip pencil is ideal for highlighting the purple undertones in Midnight.
MAC - Lip Liner - Nightmoth
- An almost black-plum lip pencil. Great for adding strong definition to the lip line.
L’Oreal - Lip Liner Couture - Perfect Red 377
- A close match to Morning with warm orange undertones. Use this lip pencil for subtle defining.
MAC - Lip Pencil - Redd
- Warm toned red, this lip pencil will add a fraction more depth to Morning.
Make Up For Ever - Artist Color Pencil - Perpetual Fire 710
- A hot red lip pencil with slightly cooler undertones. Would be great for adding a stronger definition to Morning.
Lord and Berry - Ultimate Lip Liner - Mandarin 3038
- Vibrant orange-red with warm undertones. This pencil will retain the brightness of Morning.
Lisa Eldridge - Enhance and Define - Lip Pencil
- A more neutral in colour and a touch deeper in intensity.
Bobbi Brown - Lip Pencil - Red
- A great match. This lip pencil is red with blue undertones. So good for adding subtle definition to the lip line.
Barry M - Lip Liner - Red 3
- Another close match to Ribbon with blue undertones. Use this pencil for soft definition.
Rimmel London - Exaggerate Lip Liner - Red Diva 024
- A rich, deep red lip pencil with blue undertones. Ideal for strengthening the lip line.
Make Up For Ever - Artist Color Pencil - Countless Crimson 716
- A close match to Jazz. A great lip pencil for subtle defining.
Rimmel - 1000 Kisses Lip Liner - Black Tulip 063
- A rich red with a touch more blue in the undertones. You could use this pencil for adding definition to the edges of the lip line.
MAC - Lip Pencil - Talking Points
- Almost a perfect colour match for Skyscraper Rose. Will work well for adding subtle definition.
Bobbi Brown - Lip Pencil - Bright Raspberry
- A classic raspberry pink lip pencil. Good for adding strength to the edges of Skyscraper Rose.
Revlon - ColorStay Lip Liner - Fuchsia
- This liner was also recommended by a customer.
Lancôme - Le Lip Liner - Rose Lancôme 378
- This liner is another customer recommendation for Skyscraper Rose.
KIKO - Smart Fusion - Strawberry Pink 512
- An almost exact match to Rainbow Spill. Perfect for subtle defining.
L’Oreal - Infallible Lip Liner - Darling Pink 102
- A cool pink shade. Has blue undertones so will be good if you want to soften Rainbow Spill’s intensity just a little.
Make Up For Ever - Artist Color Pencil - Lava and So On 800
- Bright pink lip pencil with a touch of a blue undertone. Will show off and contrast with Rainbow Spill’s vibrancy.
LOVE OF MY LIFE
Lancôme - Le Lip Liner - Pourquoi Pas 317
- A close match for Love of my Life but with a touch more blue in the undertones. Good for subtle defining.
Barry M - Lip Liner - Dark Pink 2
- A bold pink lip pencil with blue undertones. Ideal for adding some definition to the lip line.
Kiko - Creamy Colour Comfort Lip Liner - 315 Intense Mauve
- A rosy mauve pink which will bring out the cooler side of the lipstick.
Lisa Eldridge - Enhance & Define Lip Pencil - Beauty
- A slightly darker lip liner, lovely to enhance the lip line or create a subtle ombre.
Mac - Lip Pencil - Dervish
- Great subtle mauve perfect for outing the lips and complimenting and exchanging the colour of this lipstick
Lisa Eldridge - Enhance & Define Lip Pencil - Muse
- A darker pinky brown nude, for really defining lips.
Charlotte Tilbury - Iconic Nude
- A more neutral beige brown, for a more sixties vibe.
Lancôme - Le Lip Liner - Vermillion
A deeper coral that gives great definition while enhancing the colour of the lipstick - very summery.
Mac - Lip Pencil - Boldly bare
- A light peachy nude to hold the lipstick without changing the colour or tone.
Mac - Lip Pencil - Auburn
- A close match to the lipstick
Lisa Eldridge - Enhance and Define - Muse
- A slightly deeper rosewood to define lips and bring out the browner tones in the lipstick
Charlotte Tilbury - Lip Cheat - Pillow Talk
- A cooler pinky tone that gives subtle definition without changing the look of the lip colour.
Kiko - Creamy Colour Comfort Lip Liner - 304 Wine
- A stronger red, will enhance the colour without changing the undertone.
Mac - Lip Pencil - Spice
- A slightly darker tone than the lipstick itself but adds a nice bit of definition.
Mac - Lip Pencil - Boldly bare
- Very subtle peachy nude that pairs nicely with the lipstick without creating any more intensity.
Victoria Beckham - Lip Definer - 01
- A soft peach a touch lighter than the lipstick, for an overall more subtle and lighter look.
Vieve - Modern Lip Definer - Brat
-A deeper creamy brown which gives a more defined outline and enhances the caramel tones. Also good for deeper skin tones.
Lisa Eldridge - Enhance and Define - Muse
A touch warmer, it works as a lovely subtle definer and good for shaping naturally before applying lip colour.
Mac - Lip Pencil - Whirl
- A cooler, deeper brown nice for adding more depth and definition.
Prestige - Lip Pencil - Poppy
- A fun bright orange, nice for enhancing the brightness of the lipstick.
L'Oréal - Lip Liner Couture - 377 Perfect Red
- A perfect soft red, very good match for Atomic Cherry, slightly redder but nice for a rich lipliner to define.
Mac - Lip Pencil - Spice
- Natural peachy nude to softly enhance the lip shape and keep the overall colour subtle